*Disclaimer*: Some authors mentioned in this post hold values I do not share. I choose not to support them financially. Please support your local libraries.
I was gonna do a list of what books I'm planning on reading for Goodread's fall challenge but I actually haven't decided on all of them yet - so keep your eyes peeled for that in the future.
For now I'm gonna do some rapid-fire reviews of what I've read lately.
Dune - Frank Herbert
❌
Oh boy. I’m so sorry to everyone I’m about to disappoint, but I had to DNF this one. I was very curious to read Dune by Frank Herbert, but I didn’t like it. It bored me; I wasn’t excited to pick it up or find out what happened next. I had to give up. I will say the writing is amazing — the only reason I stuck with it for so long was how well written it is. I know it’s a classic and loved by many, but I honestly couldn’t get into it.
Tough Guy - Rachel Reid
⭐⭐⭐⭐ (3.5 rounded up to 4)
I finished Tough Guy by Rachel Reid. I relate to Ryan immensely, and I loved seeing anxiety represented in literature. I also loved the more feminine depiction of gay men - this kind of representation matters. It was refreshing to see a main character who doesn’t struggle with his sexuality or try to hide it, but instead deals with a completely different issue. It would’ve gotten tiring if the same trope kept being used, but so far all the stories in the series feel completely different.
Common Goal - Rachel Reid
⭐⭐⭐
I also finished Common Goal by Rachel Reid. It was honestly so cute - I loved it. I love Eric, and I relate to him a lot. I also love how the characters aren’t perfect; they’re flawed, but we root for them anyway. At first I thought Kyle was rude and delusional, but at some point I started rooting for him and genuinely wanted him to be happy.
I also want to add that I was NOT a romance girly at all, but these newer romances have completely changed my mind. I used to think romance books were sappy, predictable, and basic, but many of the ones I’ve been reading are deep, entertaining, complicated - and I love it. I was wrong, and I’m not scared to admit it.
Bride - Ali Hazelwood
⭐⭐⭐⭐
I wanted to get into the spooky Halloween fall mood, even though it’s still 34ºC here, and what could be better for that than a vampire–werewolf romance? I picked up Bride by Ali Hazelwood. I didn’t have expectations, but I definitely wasn’t expecting it to be so sexy. I personally didn’t love the spicy parts because I read the translated version, and it’s simply not the same - possibly a little cringy. I’m yet to find a spicy translated book that doesn’t sound like it was written by a virgin 13‑year‑old, but I digress.
I really liked the story. It was predictable, not gonna lie, but still enjoyable. I want to read the next one in the series as well as other Ali Hazelwood books, but they’re all taken at my library, so I’ll wait patiently.
Mrs. Dalloway - Virginia Woolf
❌
Unfortunately, another DNF. I’m trying to read as many classics as possible because I spent way too long not reading, so now I have a lot of catching up to do. I picked up Mrs. Dalloway by Virginia Woolf. This DNF is purely situational - I wasn’t in the mood for something like this, but I’ll probably pick it up again in the future.
Currently reading:
I’m still reading Queen of Shadows by Sarah J. Maas, but I’m almost at the end. I’m enjoying this series a lot more now than I was before, even though ACOTAR is still my favourite.
I’ve moved on to Role Model in the Game Changers series. I’ve only read a couple of chapters, but so far it seems just as cute as the others.
I’ve also started Hello Beautiful by Ann Napolitano, and I’m really enjoying it - way more than I expected. This book is part of Goodreads’ fall challenge, so I’ll have a more in‑depth review later.
That’s all for now! Let me know what you’ve been reading lately or if you have any fall recommendations.








0 Comentários