My local bookfair ends today and I was lucky enough to go on the very first day, thinking it'd be less crowded because people usually leave everything to the last minute but no. It was VERY crowded.
Unfortunately I didn't get most of the books I was thinking of getting because some booths I couldn't even reach, they were so full of people.
But I did get some so here's the books I got.
José Saramago is one of my favourite authors and I intend on building a nice collection of his work. I used this opportunity to get both A Viagem do Elefante and Ensaio Sobre a Cegueira. I'm excited to read both.
I know I'm late to the party but there are many classics I haven't gotten to read yet and I thought this would be a good opportunity to start collecting them. I've wanted to read 1984 by George Orwell for the longest time and I finally got to it. Can't wait to read it.
This one was actually a blind buy. I've always wanted to try those "Blind date with a book" type things and one booth at the fair had a bunch so I decided to try it. The prompt was "For the absolute feminist" and I thought that summed me up pretty well so I picked it up. I had no clue who this author was but now I'm excited to get to know her work.
At this bookfair we always have a lot of second hand book sellers and I love to browse and look for titles I've always wanted to read. I found several sellers that had whole collections of all Agatha Christie books and if I could, I would've brought all them home but I decided to stick with only one and build my collection in the upcoming years. I opted for the classic Murder on the Orient Express. Even though the book I got was pre-loved, it's in fine condition and it was so cheap I couldn't possiblyexpect it to be new. I'm excited to read it and see if there's any anotations from the previous owners.
These were my buys from my local bookfair. Let me know if you've read any and what you thought. Do you have bookfairs near you? Do you attend them? Let me know in the comments!





0 Comentários